Jacob's Heart Children's Cancer Support Services
Mission and Purpose:
Jacob’s Heart exists to improve the quality of life for children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses by supporting their families in the challenges they face. Since 1998, Jacob’s Heart has provided emotional, practical, financial and peer support to 600 local children with cancer and more than 2,000 of their family members.
We envision a community where every child with a serious or life-threatening condition has a strong, supported and informed family empowered to fully participate in their care. We strive to inspire compassionate action within local communities, to create a safety net of support for the unique needs of each child and family.
- Emotional support and counseling
- Grocery and meal deliveries to homes and hospital
- Practical and financial assistance
- Transportation to and from treatment
- Peer mentorship, social support, celebrations and memorials